What is 5G (Fifth Generation) Technology? Is 5G dangerous?
Thank you for visiting our blog and we are moving to new blog in order to provide you a better experience.
Please bookmark our new blog and keep reading.
What is 5G (Fifth Generation) Technology?
It is believed that networks are the links that allow devices to share data, the network technology has evolved from generation to the generation with the help of networking companies that are struggling in order to deliver high-speed network with low delays. The fifth-generation is currently under development is a wireless networking architecture that is built on the 802.11 ac IEE wireless networking standard whose goal is to increase data communication speeds up to three times of its precursor, 4G.
The ability of the 5G network to cover a massive large area is triggered by a technique known as beam forming in which the wireless routers ignore inefficacious paths and intentionally fails to record them in the routing table. The 5G network promises to deliver high connection density, faster data rates, much lower latency amongst other improvements.
How does 5G Work
Mobile networks are made up of two main components known as the Radio access and the core network. The radio access networks consists various kinds of facilities such as small cells, towers and masts. Their main goal is to create a connection between the mobile users and wireless devices to the main core network. Hence, the 5G network will use the new millimeter wave (mm Wave) frequencies whose connection is short and provides continuous connection, small cells will be distributed in groups with regards to where the connection is needed by the users. The 5G macro cells will use the MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) antennas which consists of multiple connections used for sending and receiving more data consecutively.
The core network manages all the mobile data, Internet and mobile connections. The 5G core network is being improved and redesigned in order to integrate with the Internet and cloud-based services in a more advanced way. It will also consist of more advanced features such as the network function virtualization and network slicing, the network function virtualization will provide the ability of instantiating network functions in real time regardless of the location within the operations cloud platform while the network slicing will enable methods of segmenting network for a specific industry, business or application. The 5G network comes along with both advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of the 5G Network
- The 5G network will provide an increased bandwidth for all users, for those who do not know, the bandwidth refers to the quantity of “space” obtainable for those individuals who uses internet data to download files, view internet pages and watch videos from the internet which can also increase the level of inventions and innovations on fields such as agriculture, smart farms and manufacturing that could possibly pave a way for cost savings, better customer experience and long term growth. Companies such as Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint will enjoy more data network bandwidth thanks to the fifth generation of wireless technology.
- More bandwidth means faster speed and therefore people will not have to worry about their speeds on the 5G network as they will be able to use more of it without necessarily crowding out other users. The maximum speed of the 5G network is aimed to be as fast as 35.46 Gbps which is basically 35 times more-faster than the fourth generation network. Hence, these network is dedicated to each and every smart gadget whereby the smart gadgets will have the ability to run more-faster than they ever did before. The increasing network speeds on the 5G networks leaves us with questions such as what kind of doors will this high speed open? Or what kind of exciting applications will be developed for smart devices running on a 5G network?
- New technology options may be available on the 5G network. With regards to its speed that is expected to be thousands of times more faster that 4G network and the initial development being made on smart devices such as mobile phones, tasks that could only be performed by desktop computers and laptops in the past will then be performed by smart devices such as emails and web browsing. The new technology will also enable the connections of billions of devices for our smart cities, smart schools, smart homes, smart and safer vehicles, improve health care and education and provide a better and safer place to live.
- It will most probably have a great impact on the world’s economy, only if it is exclusively possessed by a country whereby it will control 40 percent of the world’s approximated economy of $12 trillion
Disadvantages of 5G Network
- The radio frequency may become a problem. According to a research on 5G network, it is going to transmit its data in a span of around 6GHz which will be unfortunate as this radio frequency has already been crowded by numerous other signals that operates in a similar range. This insinuates that there could be issues while sending and receiving data signals.
- Increased bandwidth will mean less coverage and it is evident in the third generation which could cover a large area with relatively not many cells.
- The 5G network poses grave threat to humanity. The 5G cellular networks comes along with grave threats towards human health since it needs many more cell towers that will be used to send and receive signals, the cell towers will be deployed much closer to where people work and live which has alarmed health concerns of humans in several countries
- In conclusion, the fifth generation of mobile technology is a part of the fourth industrial revolution which is going to be one of the biggest breakthroughs in the world’s history. The 5G network will have a great impact on the development of our economy and infrastructure.